BRANCHES OF BHARUCH DIET:
Pre-service Teacher Education (PSTE)
- To serve as the nodal branch for the following:
- Organizing pre-service course for elementary school teachers and to provide academic inputs into such course .
- Propagation of learner centered education and education for personality development through training, extension, preparation of suitable teaching aids, action researches etc.
- All general matters concerning teaching methodology and specific matters concerning teaching methodology of the school NFE subjects represented in the Branch.
- Provision of Psychological Counseling and guidance services to schools and NFE/AE centers of the district.
- All matters related to learning by children of Disadvantaged Groups.
- Education to the Gifted.
- To conduct such in service programmes whose content relates
exclusively or predominately to the subjects represented in the
branch, or to its other area of nodal responsibility listed at (ii) – (vii)
- To provide inputs into programmes/activities of all other branches of
the Institute, to the extent of subjects/areas represented/handled in the
- Maintenance of science Lab, Psychology equipment, Resource Room
for Education of Disabled children, Rooms for Art education, and
equipments and facilities for sports and Physical Education.
- Promotion and support to co-curricular activities in areas related to
the substantive work of branch, e.g. debates and elocution, literature,
Science Fairs, Visual and Performing Arts, Sports and Physical
Education competitions, Yoga, Hobbies etc.
Work Experience (WE):
- To identify locally relevant WE areas and incorporation with
concerned nodal branches, to develop sample curricular units, teaching learning material, low cost teaching aids and evaluation tools/techniques in such areas.
- To help educational authorities and elementary schools/NFE/AE centers in planning introduction of Work Experience activities in such schools/centres.
- As backup to (2) above, to conduct appropriate in-service programmes for teachers in the areas of WE.
- To provide WE-related inputs into all other programmes and activities of the Institute.
- To organize activities for cleanliness, upkeep and development of the Institute campus and its surroundings and for basic maintenance of institute furniture and other property.
- To organize community service activities and study visits to work centers as part of training programmes, and to promote such activities on extra curricular basis.
- To maintain Workshop/Farm/Garden for WE activities.
- To promote work related hobbies among trainees of the institute.
District Resource Unit (DRU):
- To assist educational authorities in planning and coordination of training programmes for AE/NFE personal throughout the district and to provide necessary support to such programmes organized outside the DIET.
- To evaluate and monitor the quality and efficiency of training programmes for NFE/AE personnel held in and outside the DIET and to strive for their continuous improvement.
- To undertake field interaction work vis-à-vis the AE/NFE projects and centres in the district and to act as the referral unit or academic problems thrown up by the field in the areas of AE/NFE.
- To undertake action research in all areas relevant for making NFE/AE more effective-in collaboration with other branches, to the extent necessary.
- To provide AE/NFE related inputs into all programmes of the institute, especially pre-service and in-service education programmes for teachers.
In-service programmes, Field Interaction and Innovation Co-ordination (IFIC)
- To assist educational authorities in planning and coordination of in-service education programmes for elementary teachers throughout the district, and to plan and coordinate such programmes held in the DIET, Pursuant to this, the Branch would….
- Identify training needs of elementary teachers in the district, and prepare a perspective plan for meeting such needs,
- Prepare an annual calendar of all programmes to be held outside the DIET, and
- Help concerned authorities in preparing an annual calendar of in-service programmes to be held outside the DIET.
- To evaluate and monitor the quality and efficiency of in-service programmes held in and outside the DIET, and to strive for their continuous improvement.
- To maintain data base of all persons, except NFE/AE personnel, who undergo training at the institute and to organize follow-up activities pursuant to such training, through correspondence, visits, transmission of printed materials.
- To serve as a reference and resource centres for teachers who wish to continue their education.
Curriculum, Material Development and Evaluation (CMDE):
- To adopt existing items & develop new items of the following kinds so that elementary education and elementary teacher education programmes.
- Teaching learning for general as well as locally developed curricular units- especially primers for classes I and II in tribal languages in districts having substantial tribal population.
- Techniques and guilelines for continuous and summative learner-evaluation.
- Tests, question/item banks, rating scales, observation schedules, guidelines for diagnostic testing/remedial programmes talent identification procedures etc.
- To help DRU in development work as above for Adult and non-formal Education.
- To undertake testing on sample basis to assess achievement levels among learners, especially with reference to Minimum levels prescribed for the primary and upper stage and for adult learners under NLM.
- To help educational authorities and elementary school/NFE/AE centres in implementing a reliable and valid system of learner evaluation.
- To conduct workshops for the adaptation/development work mentioned in (1) above, as also in-service programmes relating to CMDE.
Educational Technology (ET):
- To develop in collaboration with concerned staff of the DIET and other resource persons, simple, effective and low-cost teaching aids for various subjects/areas relevant to elementary education and elementary teacher education –charts, diagrams, models, photographs, slides, audio tapes, play scripts, songs etc.
- To help the DRU in developing low cost teaching aids as above, for adult and non-formal Education.
- To maintain the following:
- All A.V. equipments of the Institute
- Computer Lab
- A display area for good, low cost teaching aids developed in house as
well as elsewhere and,
- A library of educational video/audio cassettes and, if the Institute has a film projector of films.
- To lend slides, cassettes and films to institutions having playing/projection facilities, and to borrow them from others Resource Centers.
- To liaise with nearby Radio station for arranging educational broadcasts suitable for elementary school children, AE/NFE learners, teachers/instructors of the district.
- To conduct appropriate in-service programmes for teachers in the area of ET, with special emphasis on:
- Effective utilization of educational broadcasts, telecasts, cassettes and aids, and
- Development of simple, low cost teaching aids.
Planning & Management (P & M):
- To maintain an appropriate database for the district this may be required for various planning exercises aimed at the UPE/UEE/NLM goals and for monitoring progress towards these goals.
- To provide technical assistance to educational authorities in (i) school mapping (ii) Micro planning for UPE/AUEE in an area specific and target group specific manner, (iii) formation and activation of school complexes, schools etc, and (v)Institutional evaluation.
- To serve as the nodal branch in relation to all programmes of community involvement in basic education, and in particular, to conduct orientation programmes for members of DBE, VECs, community leaders, youth and other voluntary educational workers.
- To act as the nodal branch for preparing quin-quennial and annual institutional plans and annual self evaluation reports for the DIET, and for liaising with DBE.
- To provide P & M related inputs into all other programmes/activities of the institute e.g. pre-service and in-service programmes for teachers, training programmes for NFE/AE personnel, Field Interaction activities, Action Research etc.